Monday, October 19, 2009

St George, Annie, and Zions


This last weekend we were able to go down to St George for a little weekend getaway! It was so nice to get some sunshine again and spend some time away with the fam. We left on Friday morning so we got there in time to eat our FAVORITE, In N Out. Then, that evening we were all able to go see Annie at Tuacahn. I thought Bostyn was a fan before, I KNOW she is a fan now! She, and the rest of us, have been singing all of the Annie songs since we left. It was really AWESOME!!!!! I am a sucker for live theatre as it is but they did such a great job re-creating the movie.
The next day we were able to go shopping and I got some really cute stuff for the kids. Then we made cookies and watched the Utes kick some butt! We were so close to Vegas, my dad, brother and Brad were tempted to go to the game but opted to hang out with us and the kiddos.
On Sunday on our drive home Brad got his way and we stopped and hiked at Zions. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!! There is just something for me about being with family outside in the nice weather that just gets to me. In the beginning Bostyn was against the whole hiking business. I am not sure where she gets that from, ;). After we got going, she was so fun! She sang the Annie songs with a mix of you are my sunshine to keep us and all of the other hikers entertained. She found lots of treasures along the way and even planted some of them, hoping to get a treat when we return. Thanks Brad for making me o things that I dont CHOOSE to do! I love my family so much and I am so happy we were able to make some fun memories!!!






7 comments:

Christine said...

There's just something about Zions that has those McDaniel boys under a spell. Its Jason's favorite place in the world!
Fynn looks so grown up! Can't wait to see you guys again!

k.m. said...

i can't believe how big your spiderman is! your kids are so cute. looks like you guys had a fun vacation.

ARLdoubleE said...

OH MY HECK...it's a CHRISTMAS miracle, without Christmas of course :) YAY!! I'm sooo glad you updated and actually posted pictures that I didn't take :) Fynn is ABSOLUTELY adorable...Can't wait to see him again!!! Love ya and miss you TONS!!!

Mrs. Wright said...

YAY! You posted! I seriously can't believe how big Fynn is in these pics! Holy Cowsers! Is he walking? I'm so proud of you for taking a little hike with the family. You're too cute Danica! You make me laugh with the way you describe everything to be. I LOVe that Bostyn found little treasures along the way. Miss you and glad you had a good time!

Mrs. Wright said...

Hey Danarama,...we're needing to purchase a highchair,...any recommendations?

Lexi said...

It looks like you had a good time! I want to go to st. george ugh! ha the pictures are really cute!

saigeblack said...

i can imagine bostyn singing Annie songs lol las vegas is fun but i wish u guys were here