Snow day with Papa, Gamma, Mom, Dad, Drew, Bostyn, Saige, Patyon, Brinley, Cash, & Arlee.
Alright, I was really going to post some pictures from Bostyns party but I don't want to do it until I have the full set. Oh my gosh it was such a fun time! We prepped the whole day never knowing how it was all going to turn out. We woke up Saturday to a HUGE snow storm, so I was praying all day for clear roads so that our clown would make her appearance. My prayers were answered and it was definitely a day to remember. Bostyn loved having all of her friends and family over and was overwhelmed with all of the action. We had her party on the 8th, which is also Saiges birthday so she had to share her day with Bostyn but was such a good sport. The clown put on a good magic show and brought along her rabbit, dove, and chihuahua. I learned a good lesson this year about birthday parties. DO NOT go overboard on presents if you plan on having a party. Bostyn only opened about 5 presents and then I got to do the rest. I don't know if Bostyn will remember her second birthday, but it is definitely a day I will never forget. Our little girl is growing up so fast.
On Sunday we went sledding in our neighborhood with my parents, Brinley, Cash, Arlee, Drew, Saige, and Payton. The first run down the hill was with Bostyn and Arlee and they ran into a tree. Bostyn decided the safest place after that was on Grandpas shoulders. When she did get off for a few minutes, she and Cash were more interested in eating the snow. Then, about 15 minutes later Arlee and I decided that we were going to take our chances on the tube together. Brad gave us a nice push, after his running start and it all went down hill from there (literally). We hit the bottom of the hill and rather than tubing to the next; the tube came to a screeching halt and Arlee and I tumbled through the air. I just started laughing (imagine that), and Arlee was shocked and had hurt her back. That didn't stop us, as we tubed for another good hour. Payton didn't need a tube, he would just go down head-first on his tummy. We tried it but it didn't work so well. Brad had taken Bostyn the week before and they had so much fun. Brad even bought her the cutest pink Columbia snow outfit. (Pictures coming soon). It was so fun and Bostyn loved it.
Well, that is about all other than we leave for Hawaii on Saturday. We are all getting so excited and Brad even has a homemade advent calendar at work counting down the days...... I know what a kid, but I cant help but love him. Bostyn is so excited about her IPOD that she got for her birthday. We had to sneak it away from her last night before bed. Arlees friend has loaded all of our IPODs up with movies and music, so hopefully we can all stay entertained. I ordered the kids matching luggage with their names embroidered but they wont be here before the trip... bummer! Oh well, and I PROMISE I will get pics up soon. I hope all is well with our friends and family and would love to see all you before the end of the year.
On Sunday we went sledding in our neighborhood with my parents, Brinley, Cash, Arlee, Drew, Saige, and Payton. The first run down the hill was with Bostyn and Arlee and they ran into a tree. Bostyn decided the safest place after that was on Grandpas shoulders. When she did get off for a few minutes, she and Cash were more interested in eating the snow. Then, about 15 minutes later Arlee and I decided that we were going to take our chances on the tube together. Brad gave us a nice push, after his running start and it all went down hill from there (literally). We hit the bottom of the hill and rather than tubing to the next; the tube came to a screeching halt and Arlee and I tumbled through the air. I just started laughing (imagine that), and Arlee was shocked and had hurt her back. That didn't stop us, as we tubed for another good hour. Payton didn't need a tube, he would just go down head-first on his tummy. We tried it but it didn't work so well. Brad had taken Bostyn the week before and they had so much fun. Brad even bought her the cutest pink Columbia snow outfit. (Pictures coming soon). It was so fun and Bostyn loved it.
Well, that is about all other than we leave for Hawaii on Saturday. We are all getting so excited and Brad even has a homemade advent calendar at work counting down the days...... I know what a kid, but I cant help but love him. Bostyn is so excited about her IPOD that she got for her birthday. We had to sneak it away from her last night before bed. Arlees friend has loaded all of our IPODs up with movies and music, so hopefully we can all stay entertained. I ordered the kids matching luggage with their names embroidered but they wont be here before the trip... bummer! Oh well, and I PROMISE I will get pics up soon. I hope all is well with our friends and family and would love to see all you before the end of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment