Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to my SISTER!



My sister and best friend (next to Brad), turned 25 on March 22. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AR!!!!!!

We just love Arlee. I always tease Brad and tell him he got 2 wives for the price of 1, and boy has he been feeling the truth of that lately. Arlee moved up to Portland for work a few weeks ago. We miss her so much!!!! She used to help so much with the kids, and always joined us in the evenings for our favorite shows, dinner, and of course a good laugh. She got to come home this weekend for her birthday and it was SO much fun! Bostyn was so excited to see her, and Fynn surprisingly acted like he remembered her. She is such a good sister, and in her high maintenance way, still so giving. She came home with surprises for me. She got me this cute headband from nordstrom that I have wanted FOREVER, and took Bostyn to Build-A-Bear on her own birthday. Then, was forced to share her birthday song and celebration with Bostyn because she was convinced it was her birthday since Arlee had gotten her a present. Of course Arlee gave in and shared her special day with Bostyn.

Arlee, I just want to tell you how much we love and miss you! I know that it is hard to be away...... but now we have an excuse to go shop all day when you are home, and no one can complain! I cant wait for your next trip home. Until then, smile, shop, call me, and shop some more. Oh, and update your blog... you slacker!!!!
10 of my favorite memories with Arlee:
1. Our semi-annual shopping tip to Oregon (no taxes) :)
2. Pulling each others hair while driving 35 mph down Wendover Boulevard
3. You singing R E S P E C T to me after I told you that you should respect me because I was your older sister.
4. Sitting up late into the night with you when you had your halo on trying to make you comfortable.
5. Our late night talks and getting caught up on reality TV.
6. Crying on your shoulder when I had postpartum with BOTH kids.
7. Decorating both of our houses!
8. Vacationing to Florida, California, Oregon, San Francisco, and all the other fun places we have been together.
9. Saturday shopping!!!! There never has been enough time for that.
10. Sluffing to go get Burger King breakfast in High School!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARLEE!!!!! Thanks for being so great! I cant wait for your next trip home!

6 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

What a sweet post. Hopefully it won't make Arlee cry when she reads it. You are both so lucky to have each other for a sister and I am EXTRA LUCKY to have you as my cousins! Big Hugs!

Jenna and Tyler said...

Oh that is so cute of you Danica! You are such a sweet sis. Happy Bday to Arlee - we are getting so old..how sad :). I will be 25 in June! AACK!

Jerry and Nancy McDaniel said...

Happy Birthday Arlee, I am not good at this, but I was touched by the comments you sister made. This ia a wonderful way of sharing our lives. Thanks for being a part of our lives.

sicerely,
Jerry and Nancy

The Barneys said...

Danica I know you well enough that you will not wear something old to Wicked! You love shopping more than me. I love that about you.

ARLdoubleE said...

Ah...THE MEMORIES!! Thanks so much for EVERYTHING DAN!! You really are the BEST sister/friend anyone could EVER ask for! I miss ya like CRazY...if I think about it too much I could just cry!! Thanks for making my BIRTHDAY FABULOUS!!!Next year I would like an ELMO birthday! :)

The House that James Built said...

what would life be like without sisters? it's reason enough to have more kids...until london has at least one. what a great relationship you've always had. tell her i say hi and happylatebirthday! xoxo