Okay so it has been a while. I still need to catch everyone up on the vacation. It was so much fun to get away with our little family. Brad, myself, Arlee, Drew and Bostyn were the traveling crew and we all had a blast. We left on the 27th of June and arrived in CA early in the morning. We tried to go check into our room at the Knottsberry resort but they insisted that they had nothing available until 4pm. Brad and I took the kids to Soak City which was so much fun. Well with one exception. Brad and I both took our rings off and put them in the locker while we were there. After we left, went and had lunch, and were back at the hotel (about 2 hours later) I realize I had left my ring in the locker. I call and call and I am a hysterical mess thinking there is no way I'm getting it back. Brad stays with the kids and I run over there, Park illegally, and run into the park after I fight with the ticket takers. We must be doing something right, because it was still there. What a relief. I was seriously so sick about it. Then we just hung out and waited for Arlees flight to come in that evening and then the fun would really start. :) After she finally made it, we went to the Midievil Times knight dinner for Drews birthday. Let me just tell you, I was a little let down. The food was disgusting and the
entertainment was sub-par. Even Drew got bored.
The next day was our beach day. It was so much fun and we got to spend a little time with my best friend Holly and her boyfriend Drew. I was sad that we didnt get to see her more but busy lives for busy girls that didnt mesh was the situation. I need to take a trip down to just see her. Brad and Drew spent the majority of the day in the water while Bostyn played in the sand and did her best to throw it in just the right way that it would blow all over Arlee and I. I was so glad that Holly got to see Bostyn because she hasnt really been able to see her much and of course, Bostyn loved them. (Brads contribution) That night we went to dinner at Azteca's an Elvis themed Mexican restaraunt (if you ask Danica or Arlee it was a grease themed mexican restaurant).
The next day was spent at Universal Studios. This was one of my most favorite days. Bostyn got to meet "ogre" (Shrek) and Fiona. She was so excited and they were just as excited to see her. They spent like 5 minutes playing with her. Next, she got to see Curious George, who she also really liked and SpongeBob. My goal for the day was to see Dora and Diego. She absolutely loves Dora. Well, We decided to split up form Brad and Drew to go find them and we were going to meet at the Simpsons ride in about an hour. Well, Brad had forgotten his phone and after 6 hours of frustration we were finally able to meet up. Drew loved Jurassic Park, Brad was just happy to find us, and Arlee and I both loved seeing Wisteria lane (the set for Desperate Housewives).






The following day (Monday), we spent the day at Disney land which was so fun but also tiring. I was able to devote my time to finding all of the fun kiddy things for Bostyn and taking her picture with every character. I couldnt go on many rides but we still had fun. Arlee was a good sport to go on the scary rides with the boys. I got to go on Soarin over California and I loved it. Holly had suggested it on our previous trip but I didnt listen. I am so glad we got to go. We stayed there all day and even got to see the amazing firework show. Bostyn loved that Tinkerbell was a part of it and fell asleep shortly thereafter. 


Tuesday Arlee, Bostyn and I got to go shopping, while Brad and Drew went to Knottsberry Farm. They had so much fun and it was so slow they got to go on every ride in about 3 hours. We just hung out the rest of the day and even made it to the Cheesecake Factory. I got some really cute jeans for me (A pair of sevens and a pair of 1921s). I also got a few things for Bostyn and some really cute stuff for the baby.
We left on Wednesday and it was actually exciting to come home. It had been a fun trip but we were all so tired. Once we got home and unpacked Brad and I were just sitting talking about life and what we had for the next week. I realized that we had left 400.00 cash in our rental car under the floor mat. Brad and I both immediately got on the phone trying to reach someone sure that we weren't going to get it back, but it was worth a shot. We got in touch with a manager and once again the stars lined up in our favor. They sent our money back to us and we got it yesterday.
Overall, it was such a fun trip and I cant wait until our next one. Thanks for coming along Arlee, I love hanging out with you.
Cute things Bostyn said on vacation:
She never wanted to sleep in the hotel room, she was always ready to go home for bed. One night the room was so humid and she was exhausted, and she said, "mom, wets just go home, this house is sticky."
While Brad and Drew were in the ocean, and cant hear each other let alone us up on the shore, she yells, "Dad, be careful them dolphins on the water."
When we got home, she was over at my moms pouting around and my mom asked her what was wrong and she said, "I didnt know if I had a mudder" I think that we have read Are you my mother by Dr Seuss one too many times.
I will post the pictures tonight.
Cute things Bostyn said on vacation:
She never wanted to sleep in the hotel room, she was always ready to go home for bed. One night the room was so humid and she was exhausted, and she said, "mom, wets just go home, this house is sticky."
While Brad and Drew were in the ocean, and cant hear each other let alone us up on the shore, she yells, "Dad, be careful them dolphins on the water."
When we got home, she was over at my moms pouting around and my mom asked her what was wrong and she said, "I didnt know if I had a mudder" I think that we have read Are you my mother by Dr Seuss one too many times.
I will post the pictures tonight.
9 comments:
Danica Sue! You know I love you! We will eventually have TONS of time to catch up. We always have blogs..haha! I know I need to start mine. I love your adorable little family. Drew thought Bostyn was the CUTEST ever!
Bostyn is such a character! Sounds like a great vacation with its share of mishaps (wouldn't be a great vacation without some stories, eh?)
Can't wait to see you guys again!
Danica-I love reading your blog. I finally started one. andreasenfam03.blogspot.com if you want to look!
Congratulations on the news! I will now be blog stalking you. Next time you are in San Fran you should call us.
bostyn is too cute! I love this house is sticky! HAHA..I'm glad you guys had such a good time you have a cute little family and I can't wait to see what this little boy is going to look like!!!
Congrats on finding out your having a boy. I want one sooooo bad. I am lovin the girls but would really like a boy. I am glad things are going fgood with your family. Call me sometime. Leave your phone number in my comments.
Those pictures are PRICELESS!! Such a cute family!! I have to ask where you got Bostyn's bows (the ones with the bottle caps) her dress looks like a minnie dress..SO CUTE!
Oh yay! I made it onto your blog! Whoo woo!
AWW it looks like you guys had a blast! I love the pringle faces!
Post a Comment