Sunday, August 24, 2008

My sister is the BEST!!!



Okay so, my sister Arlee has been living with Brad and I for over a year and we have loved having her. Her condo in Daybreak is finally done minus a few last minute touches. I am so sad she is moving out, but I know she i ready to be on her own again. So, a few weeks ago we started getting a few little surprises.... in the mail, on our doorstep etc. The first day there was a poster board with a puzzle outline on it rolled up in a mailing tube left on our front porch. We were a little confused but just held on to it. Then, we got a book in the mail addressed to Bostyn (Do princesses really kiss frogs?) Inside of it, there was a puzzle piece that fit onto the earlier delivered poster board. Oh Brad and I were so curious as to who was doing it... we had ideas stretched all the way from my mom, my aunt Jeanne, people in the ward, or of course Arlee. Arlee played it off well and never once made us think it was her. Over the past few weeks, we have received over 16 different puzzle pieces addressed to our family members. Even, our baby boy on the way got a few cute books. Drew got candy (she knows him well), and a PSP game. Bostyn got books, candy, and a Baby Alive (which she loves). I got the cutest maternity Boston Red Sox shirt. Right on the belly it says future red sox fan. And, I kept teasing Brad that whoever it was hated him because he only got candy until the end... she got him a ticket to the first UTE football game (she knows him well also). We are so excited to go. He would just laugh and say that he was just happy to see us getting all of these fun things. At first we thought that the puzzle pieces would reveal the riddler, but we were wrong. It was just to keep us sidetracked. On Friday when Brad got home, there was a clue (that rhymed of course) on the door that sent us to Cheesecake Factory for an appetizer. We had bread and stuffed macaroni and cheese. Then, our waiter gave us a clue to send us all the way downtown (where I had just come from) for pizza at our favorite restaurant, Rusted Sun. We were too full to eat, and she gave us our next clue which was to meet the "person" at Chilis on 13400 South and they would meet us there for our favorite dessert Molten Chocolate Cake. Of course, it was Arlee and she had the last puzzle piece which she had written the cutest thank you note on. She is so appreciative of everything that we have done for her over the past year. She also gave us a few gift cards there for Chilis, Coldstone, Nordstrom, and Pottery Barn. Ar, we will miss having you there all of the time. Thank you for taking the time to plan such a heartfelt thank you! We love you so much, and are grateful for everything you do for us!!! So everyone... if Arlee ever asks if she can live with you, let her.... the Thank You is well worth it! :)

8 comments:

Lexi said...

aww that is so cute and nice of her! I can tell you I am soo happy to have my sister home!

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

K that is THE cutest thing I have heard of..What a sweetheart!! You 2 take such good care of each other. I love hearing about how close you 2 are! Arlee told me your nusery is turning out so cute I wanna see it!

Mrs. Wright said...

Ohhhh....that is so sweet! She is so creative to thank you that way. I'm excited to see a picture of you in the cute maternity shirt she gave you. =0)

ARLdoubleE said...

Danica...THE BEST??? Let's not be silly!!! You guys are the BEST!! I had just as much fun doing it for you guys...except for when Brad tried getting me to admit it was me!! Have so much fun at the U game...I am VERY jealous!! THANKS SOOO much for everything...SERIOUSLY...YOU ARE THE BEST!!! LOVE YA TONS!!!

Holly Belle Cloward said...

Arlee is so super cute! Btw I love the book "Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs." I bought it for Lexi and Keana.

Amanda said...

How Cute! What a fun sister you have. Let's just say creative....

Kamerin Tangaro said...

Hey Danica....
Okay, so your dad and I have had a lot of driving time with each other this week and during that time I tell myself to come and post a Happy Birthday to your blog for you. However....the first night I thought about it I thought I would wait for Brad or Arlee to post a blog entry about your birthday for you...just kidding.
Well...I turned 30...so are you 26???27???

Love ya and hope you had a great day!!!

Ryan Hadlock said...

seriously, you need a new post - come on ;-)