Well, it's official! We hve finally named the newest member of the McDaniel family. Sawyer Fynnigan McDaniel (we will just call him Fynn) has been the sweetest little angel. He seriously doesnt cry, and basically just eats, poops, and sleeps. I thought that I was going to have such a hard time with a boy but I already love him so much and Brad just cant get enough of him. It is so nice to have all of his help. For those of you who have had a C-section you know how much help is required and Brad has been absolutely wonderful!
The details: I had been scheduled to have an election day baby (Nov 4th) due to his breech position for about 10 days. I was fine with it because I already knew what to expect and breech babies are just so perfect because they dont have to go through labor. Anyway, we got to the hospital, a little late because of the weather and I was of course emotional. The nurse comes in and is prepping me and hooks me up to the Ultra Sound Machine to check him. Just my luck, he had flipped around and was now head down. At this point, Brad and I had to make a decision, do we continue with the C-section, or do we leave and go into spontaneous labor. After about an hour of tears and talking through with both my mom and Brad we decided to go forward with the C-section. I am so glad that I did because my doctor would have let me go two more weeks and I would have had to go through labor when he already weighed 8lbs 7ozs. Then, after all of that they tell me that my mom cant come back because they only allow one person back, that led to another river of tears. I was sad she wasnt able to come back but she was right there when we got out of the surgery. Thanks Mom, Love ya!
Bostyn just loves him, and wants to constantly hold him when she is here. My mom and Arlee have been keeping her so I know she is in good hands. I got her the 2 newest Disney movies as a gift from the baby and she is convinced that they were in my tummy with the baby. She is going to be such a good big sister and helper. I can hardly wait to get home and see her in action. Thanks Ar for keeping her, I owe ya BIG time!
I have to share this story with everyone. For all of you who know Brad, know that he has a one-of-a-kind sense of humor especially in tense and uneasy situations. The name of the nurse who was prepping me for my surgery was Polly. I was sitting on the bed after she had left and Brad says, "Hey Danica, I have been fighting the urge all morning to ask our nurse if she wants a cracker." I, of course laughed all morning and the joke carried on through the whole day. Thanks to everyone who has called, messaged, sent stuff, etc.
For all of you who were worried about me loving a boy as much as I love Bostyn........ dont be. He is the apple in my other eye! :)


14 comments:
I love when I would assume it was Bostyn said..look at how tiny his nose is!
Does he have a name yet???
I am so excited for you guys! He's just darling (and apparently unpredictable). Two more weeks and who knows how big he'd have been! I love his name too. And that is seriously so funny about Bostyn's belief in where the movies have been hiding. :)
Can't wait to see him!! Loves and hugs to your family!
Congratualtions! So glad that it went smoothly for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Dan,...these stories you shared are priceless! Every time I get off the phone with you I remember that I forgot to ask if you're ok with having a boy yet. =0) Now I know! I'm so glad you love him just as much! Thanks for being a real champ through it all! Hopefully we can get away to come visit you today! Big hugs!
ohhh.CONGRATS!! CUTE CUTE LITTLE FAMILY. HE IS PRECIOUS..I FORGET HOW LITTLE THEY COME! That picture of Bostyn holding him is PRICELESS! She looks like one proud big sis..KEEP POSTING PICS AND HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE A FAST AND EASY RECOVERY.
Congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything went well! C sections are hard and I'm glad you have such an awesome family to help you! I'm so glad Fynn is here and you're both doing great! Love ya!
I want to come see the little guy! He is PERFECT! Nice work Mommy & Daddy!
So cute!! I am with Arlee-- he does look like Brad. take care of yourself and that cute baby of yours. Can't wait to see him. Let Bostyn know we miss her!!
Yay!congratualations!Im glad everything went well for you! looks like i got another cute 2nd cousin! Bostyn is such a cutie and love to play with her when i see her! I can't wait till stasha has the baby!
i have a favor....i would like to be invited to view arlees blog...if she is ok with that. my email is goober112002@yahoo.com....sorry, i just know you talk to her....thanks
Danica...he's so cute! CONGRATS!!!
Hey Danica!! I just found your blog today--I'm so happy to be able to see your cute little family! Congratulations on the new little boy--you look great!
Post a Comment