Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bostyns Broken Leg!





Okay so I havent posted in a while. I promise I have an excuse. Well, a number of them actually. On top of the fact that it the hustling bustling Christmas season, I have a newborn, and life is life... Bostyn broker her leg. Well, actually her dad broker her leg! We were up in Park City a couple of weeks ago because my brother had a condo up there. She and Brad were walking back from the pool while I was shopping and he slipped and fell on her. I get a call from Brad and he is frantic telling me that I need to come quick because we should head back to Salt Lake to get her leg X-rayed. I got there and I could tell she was in a lot of pain. I asked her what happened and she said that Dad was carrying her and he "slipped and tripped and double tripped". A line out of her ever favorite Fancy Nancy book. We took her in and sure enough it was broken. She was such a good sport about it. She couldnt walk on it so I got a little taste of what it is like to have twins. I had to carry both of them everywhere, and stay on a schedule with medicine. You get it right? Poor Danica. They didnt cast it for a few days so those are the pictures you see of just her wrap. When we were walking out of the hospital to bring her home after she got her cast, Brad was carrying her and she said, Dad, dont drop me and break my other leg K". It was hilarious. Needless to say, Brad feels horrible and she is more spoiled by him now than ever before if you can believe that.

4 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

Ohhhh...I love the PINK cast! Did she pick that out or did you? =0) I think she looks so much like you in the picture where Brad is holding her. You both are such cuties!

Christine said...

I bet Brad felt SO bad. Anyway, Bostyn is a real trooper and never loses her sense of humor. She cracks me up!

Holly Belle Cloward said...

I am glad Bostyn is feeling better! I think she broke her foot on my birthday right? You sounded so stressed. Poor Danica!

The House that James Built said...

poor bostyn!! but that cast is awesome!! feel better!(bostyn and danica)