When we found out we were pregnant with Fynn, I knew that we had to get Bostyn out of her crib. Well, than and she was going to be 3 years old. :) We looked at beds but they were so expensive and there werent really any that I loved. I finally talked Brad into re-finishing our old bedroom set and we would get a new one. After approximately 70 hours of sanding, painting, re-sanding, re-painting, and sealing the set it looks absolutely wonderful! My husband is so talented. I found the cute flower picture hangers and Brad painted them and made them work as drawer pulls. Arlee and I painted all of the cure little decorations to match her bedding. Then, I came up with the idea to paint the vines on the wall to match her quilt. My friend Mindy drew it on the wall, and my talented sister painted them. My mom made the wondow cover to keep the sun out while she takes a nap. GENIUS... you would think she ran a daycare for 25 years or something! :) Bostyn loves her new room and her HUGE bed, every night when she says her prayers she thanks Heavenly Father for her pretty room. I also love how it turned out. Thanks to everyone who helped, and enjoy the pictures.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
painting, decorating, and carpentry work, the kids' rooms are FINALLY complete!
I know I have been promising pictures of the kids' rooms. We finally got them done, and I must say they are rather cute! I had a really hard time choosing the theme for Fynns room. Brad is so great and just went along with whatever I wanted to do. It brought back memories of getting Bostyns nursery done. I came up with this extravagant plan to paint plaid on her walls. He really tried and it just didnt look right so my sweet husband re-did the whole thing. This time I made sure of what I wanted to do before we even started and it made things much easier. It was alot of work but I am so pleased with how it turned out. We painted the top 1/4 of the room with a light blue color and then did a red rail with pegs in it underneath that. I have hung red stars of all different sizes to match the sheeting from the pegs. I also got a steal of a deal on a Navy Blue Rug from Pottery Barn Kids. It was originally 200.00 and I got it for 30.00. I know, I am addicted! Finally, I found this trike and I thought that it would look so cute in his room until he can ride it. Thanks Santa for coming through on that one.








When we found out we were pregnant with Fynn, I knew that we had to get Bostyn out of her crib. Well, than and she was going to be 3 years old. :) We looked at beds but they were so expensive and there werent really any that I loved. I finally talked Brad into re-finishing our old bedroom set and we would get a new one. After approximately 70 hours of sanding, painting, re-sanding, re-painting, and sealing the set it looks absolutely wonderful! My husband is so talented. I found the cute flower picture hangers and Brad painted them and made them work as drawer pulls. Arlee and I painted all of the cure little decorations to match her bedding. Then, I came up with the idea to paint the vines on the wall to match her quilt. My friend Mindy drew it on the wall, and my talented sister painted them. My mom made the wondow cover to keep the sun out while she takes a nap. GENIUS... you would think she ran a daycare for 25 years or something! :) Bostyn loves her new room and her HUGE bed, every night when she says her prayers she thanks Heavenly Father for her pretty room. I also love how it turned out. Thanks to everyone who helped, and enjoy the pictures.




When we found out we were pregnant with Fynn, I knew that we had to get Bostyn out of her crib. Well, than and she was going to be 3 years old. :) We looked at beds but they were so expensive and there werent really any that I loved. I finally talked Brad into re-finishing our old bedroom set and we would get a new one. After approximately 70 hours of sanding, painting, re-sanding, re-painting, and sealing the set it looks absolutely wonderful! My husband is so talented. I found the cute flower picture hangers and Brad painted them and made them work as drawer pulls. Arlee and I painted all of the cure little decorations to match her bedding. Then, I came up with the idea to paint the vines on the wall to match her quilt. My friend Mindy drew it on the wall, and my talented sister painted them. My mom made the wondow cover to keep the sun out while she takes a nap. GENIUS... you would think she ran a daycare for 25 years or something! :) Bostyn loves her new room and her HUGE bed, every night when she says her prayers she thanks Heavenly Father for her pretty room. I also love how it turned out. Thanks to everyone who helped, and enjoy the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love the star decor in Fynn's room. I have been thinking about that color scheme for Brendan's room when we move from here. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the drawer pulls and vines on the wall in Bostyn's room. You have such attention to detail. Maybe When we have a house I'll fly you in to help me sift through ideas for the kids' rooms. :)
So you liked my honesty in my last post about commenting huh?! ha! You made me laugh with your Mrs. Nosey comment! =0) Seriously though,...don't you think it makes blogging more fun when people comment? I mean,..who doesn't look forward to hearing what people have to say about what you've posted about right!?!
Bostyn's room is a DREAM room for little girls! I love EVERYTHING about it! The pictures are good but much better in real life!
Fynn's room is adorable too. I love the cute red trike. He's sure to love that. You are just too creative! Any ideas you want to throw our way to help out with our baby boy room? =0) I sure hope our boys can be best of friends!
Danica my love you are brilliant! So super cute. I have always thought you and Arlee should host a television show! Maybe you can get your start on Extreme Makeover Home Edition!
WOW..get over to my house and decorate I seriously need to hire you and Arlee!! Boys rooms would be so hard to know what to do but honestly that is the cutest boy room I have seen and I LOVE that it's not like every other boy room you see! Bostyn's room just fits her cute sassy personality! Seriously put those pictures on rate my space (HGTV) oh and get over here and help me!
There rooms are soo cute!! Gosh I like bostyns room more than I like my own you are very creative!
Very nice. I like the hook railing thing. I might just have to try that out in Jacks room. Hummmmmm.
Post a Comment