Monday, March 31, 2008

The Trip to San Fran











Oh my gosh! Our trip to San Fran was so much FUN! This is one of Brads favorite places to visit so I love going there with him. Brad is seriously the funnest person to go on vacation with. He takes it all in and it is go, go , go. His motto is you get enough rest when you die. I was so tired at the end of it but we have lots of fun stories. The reason for our trip was that Brads brother had their second child, a little girl named Eva, or "Eba" as Bostyn likes to call her. They got her blessed this weekend and of course we couldn't miss that special occasion. It was so fun to visit with Brads family and see them all as we dont get to very much. Bostyn enjoyed every minute with the baby and wouldnt leave her alone if she was in sight. If we were near her she would touch her face and then about every 20 seconds you could hear her say, "Eba so cute". Brendan (their 2 yr old son) wasnt so happy to have her there invading all of his toys. Bostyn of course took everything he wanted but it was good for them to spend time together. Their baby is sop sweet and I enjoyed giving Christine a break and just holding her and remembering when our Bostyn was so little. it goes by so fast.
Okay, now for the trip. We went to the aquarium right on the wharf and that is where the kids got to touch some of the creatures. Bostyn liked it but was a little scared of most of it. Drew (our future vet) loved it all. He could have stayed there for a few more hours. We spent alot of time on the wharf watching all of the street entertainment and the seals. Bostyn does a great impression of them. Also, we watched this little magic/comic show and Drew got to volunteer. It was really fun for him and Brad was so proud of him b/c he tends to be shy especially in front of an audience of 200 people. He had to copy what she was doing with his whistle that sounded like a duck. i wish that I could have gotten some video. The next day, Brad decided that it would be so fun to go on a bike ride and he got the kids on board with it so how could i say no? For those of you who have heard the first San Fran biking story are thinking, didnt you learn your lesson. Anyway, we rent bikes from the wharf and Brad decides we are going to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. I an thinking oh that will be fun and if it is a tourist attraction it cant be that hard. Well, boy was I wrong. I had Bostyn in a car seat hooked to my bike and then Brad and Drew rode a tandem bike. We started out and I was huffing, puffing and pushing up the first hill and Brad was assuring me that it couldnt get much worse..... well it did. I think that of the 20 miles we rode, YES 20 MILES, 17 of them were up hill. I am glad we did it but NEVER AGAIN. Sunday we had to get up early to make it to the blessing. Then, we went for picnic int he park and came home. I cant wait to go again and this time I will remember NO MORE BIKE RIDES!

3 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! Bostyn looks scared standing by that gray statue man! I wish the top pics were a bit bigger. Whose baby are you holding? Are you wanting to have another? Your hat is adorable! Did you make it?

Kamerin Tangaro said...

So stinking cute!!! I just love all of your blog and what you post and that you love to post as much as me and I miss being young and carefree with you! So happy to be a blog buddy!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Its great to see the family together. Steph