Well, I should have known you'd all be so interested in this! Isn't it such a great idea? I have received several comments and emails asking for the info so here it is.
The short of it is that Blurb works by downloading your blog into their software, where you can then format and edit the book, and then upload it back to them for printing. There are many options along the way that will affect pricing, layout, content, binding, etc. From what I have heard it is a rather smooth process, easy to follow, and such. The one person I know who has already done it, just wanted one blog post (and it's photos) per page, they just printed Year One this time, and it was four hundred and something pages long, making for some tedious formatting. She was really impressed with the quality of the book itself - she said that is is well made. You can find more information on their pricing here. The one my friend did was gigantic, so it fit into the top price category ($80). When you consider scrapbooking prices this really isnt that bad. It does only work with blog type websites (Google blogs, Typepad and such), and yes there is an option to print blog comments. And no - I'm not advertising for Blurb, but hey! I'll gladly take a discount on my next order! (wink, wink.)
I hope this helps all of you who are interested.... they really are so cute and I am so excited I can actually get a hard copy of all my hard work:)
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I found the website and favorited it. I am totally going to do this!!
That sounds so awesome. I want to do it for sure. And ps, I did a scrap book of Colter's first year and it cost more than $400 bucks and took at least 100+ hours. I think $80 sounds more than reasonable. let's do lunch this week.
Aunt Danica,
I love you. I promise I'll start saying "if". See ya.
Post a Comment